Desborough Surgery

Hazlemere Surgery

Phone lines open 8.30am – 1pm & 2pm – 6pm

Who should I see?

Appointments with Doctor’s are in high demand and can mean having to wait a long time. At Desborough and Hazlemere Surgeries we employ a very highly skilled team of clinicians, they may not all be called Doctors but they are all capable of diagnosing and prescribing. When you request an urgent appointment please don’t be offended if we offer you an appointment with an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Paramedic or Practice Nurse, it means you will get seen quicker and be treated to the same high standard.

Our receptionists are trained and guided by our clinicians to signpost you to the most appropriate service personnel.

Find more detail about the different clinical roles here Clinical Roles Description

Self care

If you have a cough, cold, headache or other minor ailment try treating yourself at home first. Find out more about treatments for common minor ailments.

Please remember that self-care for common conditions can help free up our GPs’ time, making it easier to get an appointment when you have a more serious condition.

Your pharmacist can help too

Pharmacists are highly trained health professionals and can give you confidential health advice for a range of common illnesses and complaints.

Don’t wait for a GP appointment for coughs, colds, aches and pains. Just give your local pharmacy a call or drop in – there’s no need to make an appointment.

Your pharmacists can also help you decide if you need to see a doctor or nurse.

Click here for more information about how pharmacies can help you.

NHS 111

111 is the free NHS non-emergency number.

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.

Call 111 if:

  • you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

Click here for more information about how NHS 111 can help you.

Minor Injury & Urgent Treatment Centres

For injuries or illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening you can use an Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC), Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) or a First Aid Unit (FAU). It is best to contact NHS 111 online or by calling 111 first to book an appointment at the nearest service to you.

The NHS website provides an overview of the conditions these services can treat.

Find your nearest service on the BOB ICS website.


A&E is for life-threatening accidents and emergencies only. Before you go there, ask yourself, “Is it a real emergency?”

If not, please consider using other local health services before you visit A&E.

Date published: 17th August, 2018
Date last updated: 19th February, 2024