New Patient Information

New Patient Registration

The NHS is in changing times and may present an opportunity for you to influence the future of your local health care provision. This Practice together with our Patient Participation Group (PPG) would like to establish a wider Patient Reference Group.  We have a virtual PPG, an email community that gives patients who cannot attend PPG meetings on a face to face basis, a method of feedback that will allow the Practice to effectively reach the broadest cross-section of our community.  This group provides feedback through occasional short surveys on the range and quality of services offered by the practice. This would only take a few minutes of your time.  If you would be willing to participate please would you let us have your email address. If you are joining the Practice, we would warmly welcome and encourage you to join our PPG. 

How To Register As A New Patient

Please print off both a family Doctor services registration form (GMS1) and a new patient registration form. Please complete the forms and bring them in, together with  a Proof of Identity+ a photocopy of the Proof of identity for us to keep + Proof of Address so we can establish that you live in our catchment area and we have the correct details recorded;

  • Proof of Identity –  a photographic ID such as a DRIVING LICENCE or PASSPORT with your date of birth and full name and
  • Proof of Address – (as evidence that your address is within the Practice area) such as a UTILITY BILL or BANK STATEMENT
  • NHS Number –       If you have been registered with another GP or received any NHS care you should have a 10 digit number
  1. GMS1 new – please note the additional question on page 2


  2. New Patient Registration Form-Adult – this MUST be completed in BLOCK CAPITALS. Please complete one form for each member of your family applying + GMS1

  3. New Child Patient Registration Form 0 – 16 year’s old – this must be completed in BLOCK CAPITALS and bring in a PASSPORT or a BIRTH CERTIFICATE + GMS1 or  a completed FP58 form only for new born babies

  4. New Born Babies – parents or guardians can register a baby by completing and presenting form FP58 which is usually issued at the same time as the birth certificate


Patients are reminded that registering with a GP surgery does not automatically entitle you to free NHS hospital treatment.

How To Register As A Temporary New Patient

You can register as a temporary resident with a GP in England if you are in the area for longer than 24 hours but less than three months.

Temporary Patient Form – GMS3

Why should I register as a temporary resident?

You can register temporarily with a GP near where you’re staying if you’re ill or need medical advice while you’re away from home – for example, if you’re working, studying or on holiday.

You’ll still remain registered with your permanent GP, but you can see your temporary GP for up to three months. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

Your temporary GP will pass details of any treatment you have to your permanent GP, who will add the information to your medical records.

What information do I need?

Try to have the following information with you when you see your temporary GP for the first time:

details of any medical conditions you have
details of medical conditions you’ve had in the past
the name of any medicines you’re currently taking
details of anything you’re allergic to
contact details for your permanent or previous GP

Helpful Documents For You

11 tips to get the most out of your GP appointment

SCR Patient Information

SCR Consent Form Dec16 – Express consent for medication, allergies, adverse reactions and additional information.

SCR Optout Form

My Care Record Patient Information

My Care Record Opt Out Form 

Email-Text-Opt-Out-form v2

Routine Immunisation Schedule 2016

Guide to GP Services

The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them.  You can download the guide below.

It’s Your Practice RCGP Booklet


In the top right hand corner is a Google Translate button for our web pages.

If you have MS Word 2010 use Review/Translate and select your language or

Copy and paste into


Proof of identity: list of acceptable documents

current, valid full passport (certified copies must show nationality, place and date of birth, passport number, expiry date, photograph and signature)
current, valid full UK photo-card driving licence with signature or ‘old style’ driving licence
current, valid UK photo-card provisional licence
Northern Ireland Voter’s Card showing your current address
Armed Forces ID Card
Residence permit showing your full name and current address is. This is issued by the Home Office to non-EU Nationals on sight of your own country’s passport.
Firearms certificate or shotgun licence
HM Revenue & Customs (Inland Revenue) tax document eg. tax assessment, statement of account, notice of coding. It must contain your full name and current address. P45s and P60s are not acceptable
original notification letter from the relevant benefits agency confirming the right to benefits or state pension

Proof of address: list of acceptable documents dated within the last 3 months

household utility bill (eg gas, electric, water or fixed line telephone but not a mobile phone bill). It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address
current, valid full UK photo-card driving licence with signature or ‘old style’ driving licence. Provisional licences are not acceptable as proof of address
bank, building society or credit card statement. It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address
local authority tax bill (e.g. council tax) valid for the current year
local authority rent book
solicitor’s letter confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation (in this case, proof of previous address will also be needed)
HM Revenue & Customs (Inland Revenue) tax document e.g. tax assessment, statement of account. It must contain your full name and current address. P45’s and P60’s are not acceptable
original notification letter from the relevant benefits agency confirming the right to benefits or state pension

Temporary Resident

Overseas visitors, whether lawfully in the UK or not, are also eligible to register with a GP practice even if those visitors are not eligible for secondary care services. Patients should be offered the option of registering as a temporary resident if they are resident, or at the time of registration are intending to be resident, in the practice area for more than 24 hours but less than 3 months (or for immediately necessary treatment if they are in the practice area for less than 24 hours).

Immediately Necessary Treatment

General Practices are also under a duty to provide emergency or immediately necessary treatment where clinically necessary irrespective of nationality or immigration status. The practice is required to provide 14 days of further cover following provision of immediate and necessary treatment.


This practice operates a policy of asking for documentation in order to establish where a patient lives, and who a patient is. This is particularly important to safeguard children and prospective patients are asked to adhere to this policy for the benefit of all our patients.

Entitlement to NHS Treatment

The NHS is the UK’s state health service which provides treatment for UK residents. Some services are free, other have to be paid for. The regulations that govern who can and can’t receive treatment are complex and may change.

A person who is regarded as ordinarily resident in the UK is eligible for free treatment by a GP. A person is ‘ordinarily resident’ for this purpose if lawfully living in the UK for a settled purpose as part of the regular order of his or her life for the time being. Anyone coming to live in this country would qualify as ordinarily resident. Overseas visitors to the UK are not regarded as ordinarily resident if they do not meet this description.

The following NHS treatment is available to anyone:-

Treatment in an emergency (but not follow up treatment).
Treatment of certain communicable diseases.
Compulsory psychiatric treatment.
To qualify for other NHS treatments you must meet certain conditions which are outlined below

EU Nationals

Foreign nations from EU member states have reciprocal arrangements for both dental and medical health care so can access the full range of NHS services.

Non EU Nationals

Foreign nationals from non-EU countries have no automatic right to NHS healthcare (other than those outlined above). Students and visitors who are going to stay in the UK for less than 6 months would have to be seen as private patients and would have to pay for their treatment. It is therefore essential that you have medical insurance to pay for any Private treatment.If you are not a student registered at a UK university and your are not going to stay in the UK for between six months and a year, it maybe unlikely that you will be able receive free NHS Treatment.
If you are unsure of entitlement to NHS treatment, or require further information please ask the reception staff when you register, and they will advise you accordingly.
Be aware that a valid 6 month visa does not automatically confer the right to free NHS treatment.
Please note that registering with a GP does not give you automatic entitlement to access free NHS hospital treatment. It is therefore essential that you take out medical insurance for the duration of your visit prior to arrival in the UK.
If you are a student registered at a UK University (and you have documentary proof of this) and are going to stay in the UK for more than six months you will qualify for NHS treatment from the beginning of your stay and you (and your Dependents) will be entitled to NHS treatment and you may register with a GP.

Medical Emergencies

If you need immediate medical assistance (e.g. because of an accident) telephone 999 – the call is free. An operator will ask you which emergency service you require (fire, police or ambulance). You will need to tell the emergency services what has happened and where you are. If someone is injured and needs to go to hospital an ambulance will arrive and take them to the nearest hospital with an emergency department
If you need urgent treatment but are well enough to travel please make your own way to the nearest Accident and Emergency Department.